Location: Wilmington, DE with remote-work options
BLS, one of the largest and most established certified public accounting firms in Delaware, is seeking a professional with advanced technical skills and experience working with governmental entities, including preparation and review of work papers, financial statements and reports.
Job duties include:
- Planning and executing the full scope of audit, review and consulting engagements for government entities, entities that receive government awards, and other audit organizations under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Yellow Book
- Performing of Single Audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Acting as primary liaison between the client and the Supervisor, Manager, or Director
- Preparing, reviewing, and analyzing various financial statements
- Staying compliant with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory organizations
- Mentoring of new staff on assignments, while simultaneously performing efficiently on engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years public accounting experience in an audit or accounting environment with emphasis on government accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- CPA certification or evidence of working towards certification
- Working knowledge of government audit compliance
- Ability to work independently
- Some supervisory experience and client relations skills
- Experience with Data Analysis software such as IDEA preferred
- Working knowledge of ProSystems software, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Microsoft Office and other programs related to accounting and auditing preferred
Compensation And Benefits:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
BLS is a Twelve-Time Winner of the News Journal’s Top Workplaces Award and an independent member firm of PrimeGlobal, one of the most expansive associations of independent accounting firms in the world. We offer opportunities for growth and a diverse workload with flexible hours, competitive salary, excellent benefits, state-of-the-art technology, and continued training.
In accordance with our Mission Statement, Vision, and Core Values, BLS demonstrates our commitment to being the CPA firm of choice by providing a work environment that is repeatedly commended and appreciated by our employees. We have a culture that has organically turned into a family.
Apply on-line at https://www.belfint.com/careers/current-openings/apply-now/ .
Location: 909 N Second St. Bellwood PA 16617
Full job description available on the Township website at antistownship.org under the employment tab.
1. Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below. Ideal candidates would have educational background or work experience in some combination of the following:
- Public Administration
- Community Planning
- Financial Management
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Resource Management
- Human Resources
Compensation And Benefits:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package to commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline:August 19, 2021
Interested persons should submit their application and resume', professional experience and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by traditional mail, to Antis Township Manager Search Committee, 909 North Second Street Bellwood, PA 16617.
Location: Norristown, PA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Authorize Initiate Bank Wire and ACH payments on behalf of the Controller
- Reconciliation of revenue and expense accounts
- Preparation of monthly and year-end reports, schedules and journal entries
- Preparation of reimbursement billings to external agencies
- Assist and guide County departments with accounting issues
- Responsible for ensuring all quarterly and monthly journal entries are implemented
- Approver of financial journal entries
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Assist in preparation of the County’s annual financial statement and Indirect Cost Report
- Handle the preparation of the monthly balance sheet, income statement and any other financial/budget variance analysis
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets schedules
- Oversees GASB 87 ( County Lease Accounting )
- Maintain the financial books of the Montgomery County Transportation Authority
- Advise on financial policies and procedures for best government financial accounting practices
- Prepare various account analyses and reconciliations, as required
- Obtain an average of 40 hours CPE per year
- Other, related responsibilities, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with Concentration in Accounting
- CPA or similar certification preferred
- Knowledge of accounting goals, objectives and principles
- Minimum of 8 years experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a group
- Able to supervise staff member(s)
- Computer literate; proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be analytical, accurate and detail-oriented
Compensation And Benefits:
$69,568 – $90,439 a year
Medical & Dental
Paid personal days
Paid sick days and other benefits
* Montgomery County is an equal opportunity employer *
Either apply online at Montcopa.org or email resume to TLandauer@Montcopa.org
Location: Broomall, PA
• Work location – Broomall Administration Office
• Normal work week – Monday through Friday, 7:30AM to 4:00PM
• Exempt salaried position
• Strong analytical, financial, and problem solving skills
• Manage a staff of three fulltime employees to ensure all financial data is accurately and timely completed and recorded in the general ledger.
• Timely preparation and issuance of several periodic financial reports and accounting schedules.
• Coordinates and completes the monthly close process.
• Maintains accurate general ledgers for the General Fund, Enterprise Funds (3), Special Revenue Funds (4), Pension Funds (4), and Healthcare Trust Fund (1).
• Cash management and daily monitoring of online banking activity.
• Review and approve A/P edit reports and cash receipts entries prior to G/L posting.
• Performs analysis of budget to actual revenue and expense accounts.
• General ledger reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Monthly pension analysis and journal entry.
• Working knowledge of Township’s collective bargaining agreements.
• Address contractual union matters involving payroll (Uniformed and Civilian).
• Maintain employee pension “life-to-date” contribution schedule.
• Calculate average monthly salary for pension benefit calculation pursuant to collective bargaining agreements as needed.
• Completes monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
• Identify budget line-item overages each month and coordinate budget transfer resolutions with Accounts Payable Associate as required.
• Prepare, enter, and post all journal entries into the general ledger for all Funds.
• Posts all AP, PO, and CR journals to the general ledger on daily basis.
• Coordinate various audits with outside agencies as required.
• Oversees bi-weekly payroll processing through year-end W-2’s.
• Works closely with Director of Finance and independent auditors during annual audit.
• Knowledge of debt management and maintaining amortization schedules.
• Compile ad hoc reports as requested by Township Manager.
• Update fixed asset worksheet on a quarterly basis.
• Assist with annual budget preparation.
• Assist in the development/implementation of internal accounting controls as needed.
• Initiates monthly online electronic transfers and payments via online banking.
• Maintains financial department personnel attendance and petty cash custodian.
• Fulfill open records requests regarding financial inquires as requested.
• Assist with addressing resident’s concerns and collections of annual refuse/sewer payments in-house and/or telephone.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
• Certified public accountant with current active license is desired.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in all aspects of general accounting. Government/municipal accounting experience preferred.
• Proven supervisory experience required.
• Working knowledge of governmental accounting principles promulgated by the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, ability to learn specific financial accounting, utility billing and various types of “stand-alone” software programs.
• DocStar – an electronic filing system utilized by employee staff.
• Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of fund accounting, encumbrances, deferred revenue, accruals, defined benefit, defined contribution, and deferred compensation plans.
• Valid PA driver’s license at time of hire.
Compensation And Benefits:
This exciting opportunity offers a salary range of $80k – $90, benefits include healthcare, dental, vision coverage plus vacation, personal, and sick days, company funded pension, and a 457 deferred compensation savings plan. This position has potential for advancement.
• Must pass pre-employment drug test and random drug testing.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure.
• Ability to lift light objects; up to 10 lbs. frequently; ability to lift medium objects up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to proofread and validate financial reports and documents.
• Ability to perform work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions. Work generally performed in conjunction with other departments and personnel.
Applicants are welcome to mail a cover letter and resume to Marple Township, 227 S. Sproul Road, Broomall, PA 19008 Attn: Ed O’Lone, Finance Director or email to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be misconstrued as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.