Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh Regional Transit is seeking a Supervising Internal Auditor to supervise the activities of Internal Audit within the framework of policies, objectives, and procedures established by the Director of Internal Audit and Chief Legal Officer.
- Exercises general supervision of all supporting auditors in order to promote productive (meet targets and other deadlines) and professional conduct.
- Ensures that professional standards are met in the planning, execution, data accumulation and documentation stages of audits and projects.
- Promotes reasonable adherence to established audit plans, budgets, and schedules or to assure adequate explanation for deviations.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or directly related field from an accredit school.
- Minimum of five (5) years auditing experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven supervisory experience.
- Experience with planning and executing complex audit assignments, conducting portions of extensive audit assignments in accordance with recognized professional standards. Performing surveys of functions and activities in assigned areas and identified key control points in the system under review. Determining the direction, and audit theory for audits, develops comprehensive audit programs and sampling plans, and proposes staff and time requirements for performance of audit.
- Experience directing, counseling and instructing supporting auditors assigned to the audit and reviews their working papers for adequacy and accuracy, reviews and edits audit report and finalizes all reports.
- Must have the ability to travel to various Pittsburgh Regional Transit locations, out of town overnight travel and occasional evenings and weekends as needed to perform audits and potentially service on Pennsylvania’s Uniform Certification Program (UCP) Appeals Committee as part of Pittsburgh Regional’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Compensation And Benefits:
67,000 – 100,000 annually
Hybrid work schedule available
Apply at https://careers.rideprt.org
Location: 1130 N. Bethlehem Pike, Spring House PA 19477
This senior position involves complex supervisory, administrative and analytical work. In addition to supervising the finance department and pertinent consultants and vendors, the Finance Director is responsible for the management of a $13.5 million operating budget and all associated finance functions, including budget preparation, monthly financial reports, audits, pensions, payroll, bank reconciliations and payables, as well as benefit administration. The Finance Director will keep the elected Board of Supervisors and Township Manager updated on the financial condition of the Township and periodically make presentations to the Board of Supervisors at public meetings.
Lower Gwynedd Township is a highly regarded, professionally-run township with a Aaa bond rating. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of meeting or raising the Township’s standards and work well with others. Candidates are expected to have, or be capable of quickly attaining, extensive knowledge of municipal fiscal policies and procedures, fund accounting, and the Township’s financial software (Munis); supervisory experience; and a commitment and ability to operate within accepted governmental accounting principles. Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, public or business administration or related field is required – a master’s or CPA is preferred – and a minimum of 7 years experience in progressively responsible financial management positions.
Compensation And Benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position. The salary range is $100,000-$125,000, dependent on qualifications. The Township offers a generous benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage. In addition, we offer a defined contribution retirement benefit and life insurance.
The full job description will be available on the Township website by November 18th, 2022. Employment Opportunities | Lower Gwynedd Township
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jamie Worman, Assistant Township Manager, P.O. Box 625, Spring House, PA 19477 or email email@example.com.