Location: Denver, PA
East Cocalico Township is hiring an experienced leader to serve as its Finance Director. The Township has 2024 Budget receipts at approximately $8m, and is financially stable. The Finance Director will administer all financial activities, including payroll, record keeping, payment of expenses, recording of revenue, managing of insurances, financial reporting, and will assist with personnel management.
Preferred candidates will possess (1) an associates or bachelor’s degree; (2) minimum of five years accounting/finance experience, preferably in government; (3) excellent computer aptitude and software skills; and (5) exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Compensation And Benefits:
A competitive starting salary is based on experience and qualifications. The Township offers an exceptional benefits package.
Application Deadline:December 23, 2023
To be considered please forward a cover letter, resume, and salary expectation – in one attachment – to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Job Summary: The Township Engineer will play a crucial role in the planning, development, and maintenance of infrastructure within Silver Spring Township. The Township Engineer is responsible for overseeing and managing various engineering and infrastructure projects within the township. They will provide technical expertise, project management, and regulatory compliance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of public infrastructure and services.
- Identify, plan, and develop infrastructure projects such as road construction, drainage systems, water supply, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Manages assigned project feasibility, budget, and timelines.
- Prepare project proposals and secure necessary permits and approvals.
- Develop engineering plans, specifications, and drawings for construction projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with architects, surveyors, and other professionals as needed.
- Oversee the bidding process for construction contracts.
- Manage construction projects, including monitoring progress, quality control, and cost control.
- Coordinate with contractors, consultants, and government agencies.
- Communicate project updates to the public, Staff and Board of Supervisors.
- Address inquiries and concerns from residents and community organizations.
- Conduct public meetings and presentations when required.
- Develop and implement maintenance plans for existing infrastructure.
- Coordinate repairs and improvements to public roads, bridges, and utilities.
- Perform regular inspections and assessments of infrastructure.
- Prepare and manage department budgets, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Monitor project costs and expenditures.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in regulations and codes related to civil engineering and public works.
- Ensure all projects and designs comply with legal requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of project documents, drawings, and reports.
- Prepare progress reports and updates for municipal authorities and departments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Several years of relevant engineering experience, preferably in a municipal or public works setting.
- Knowledge of relevant software and tools for project management and engineering design.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for public engagement and team collaboration.
- Knowledge of local zoning, building codes, and permitting processes.
Work Environment: The Township Engineer works in an office environment but also spends time in the field overseeing construction projects and inspecting infrastructure. The Township Engineer will attend public meetings and may be required to work evenings or weekends to accommodate project schedules and public engagement events.
The Township Engineer is a critical position within the municipality, ensuring that the Township’s infrastructure remains safe, functional, and compliant with regulatory requirements. Their work contributes to the overall well-being and quality of life for residents in the community.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation And Benefits:
Salary: From $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mechanicsburg, PA 17050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline:December 31, 2023
Please apply online: Employment • Silver Spring Township, PA • CivicEngage (sstwp.org)